My wife got me a Himalayan Salt Block to try grilling on this summer. We made our first attempt last night with salmon, trying it two ways. This is the first...a very simple effort and very delicious. My instinct with the salt block is that I am going to enjoy simple recipes the best, since they will allow the flavor of the salt block to shine through most.
- 4 salmon fillets, about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper or 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Rinse and pat the salmon fillets dry
- Rub each fillet with a small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with freshly ground pepper or freshly chopped dill.
- Meanwhile, place the Himalayan Salt Block on the grill over medium heat. Heat for about 10 minutes until the grill stabilizes at about 300F.
- Place the salmon fillets on the salt block and close the grill. After 5 minutes, turn the salmon fillets.and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve the salmon fillets with lemon wedges for squeezing.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 210g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 270||60%|
|Total Fat 30.02g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 6.52g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.75g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|