Ohhh kebabs....they r never enuf.
Hi thr fm down under....
M too a fan of elaborate cooking....simply makes me happy.
Good to know u.
One of the best recipes from the cuisine of the Nizams of Hyderabad.
Tempo Preparazione: 2 ore
Tempo di cottura: 1 ore
Cost per recipe $1.21 vedi dettagli
- Mutton pieces (from the leg) 1/2 kg
- Chana dal (split gram)1/3 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Green chillies, whole 3-4 or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black cardamom 4
- Bay leaves 4
- Cinnamon sticks 4
- Cloves 6
- Yoghurt 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder 1-1/2 teaspoons (It is a powder made of cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,nutmeg)
- Green chillies, finely chopped 2-3
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped 1/3 cup
- Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice 3 or 4 tablespoons
- Fresh cream or hung yoghurt 1/2 kg
- Eggs, lightly beaten 2
- Oil or ghee to fry .
- Place cream or hung yoghurt in the refrigerator overnight or until firm. Put the meat along with the spices into a pot. Cover with water and boil until the meat is tender and all the water has evaporated. Remove from the pot and discard the chillies and whole spices. Grind the meat to a fine paste without adding water. Add the yoghurt, garam masala powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves and lime juice to the ground meat and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into equal parts (approximately 20 or 22). Take a portion of the paste and roll it into a ball between your palms. Flatten slightly and press it in the centre of the meat, like a small cup. Fill this with a small spoonful of the cream or yoghurt and fold the ground paste over to seal. Make all the kebabs in this way and dip in beaten egg, shaking off any excess, and fry in hot oil or ghee until golden brown.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 296g|
|Calories from Fat 95||48%|
|Total Fat 10.77g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.32g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.43g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|