These baked eggs are quick, delicious and nutritious. They are perfect for breakfast, lunch or even a light dinner. Baked eggs are a great way to use up leftover vegetables & cheese. The flavour combinations are endless!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large whole canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 small courgette, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 eggs
- feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a ramekin with a little olive oil or butter.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the courgette and capsicum. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper (not too much because the feta is salty). Cook for another minute then remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the tomato mixture in the ramekins. Create a little well in the middle. Crack the eggs into the well. Season the eggs with a little salt & pepper. Sprinkle the crumbled feta over.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the eggs are set to your liking. I like the centers a little runny so I only bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 579g|
|Calories from Fat 274||65%|
|Total Fat 30.96g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 10.38g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.11g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|